mail blacklist ignored if whitelist is empty
A blacklisted email sender is allowed to send email if the system has no whitelisted senders.
Steps to reproduce:
1. on a system without any Rules by mail address in the Email->Filter page add an email address as a new block from
2. send an email to a user of the system from the above email address
the email is accepted and delivered
What I expected:
the email should be refused
What I found in maillog:
May 31 11:25:16 mail amavis: (16165-03) spam-tag, <email@example.com> -> <firstname.lastname@example.org>, No, score=x tagged _above=-1000 required=5 BLACKLISTED WHITELISTED tests= autolearn=unavailable
Both BLACKLISTED and WHITELISTED at the same time, white wins.
Workaround: add a fake whitelist entry as a New allow From.
#4 Updated by Davide Principi almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from MODIFIED to ON_QA
- % Done changed from 60 to 70
NOTE: this fix can be released also for ns7
#6 Updated by Giacomo Sanchietti almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from ON_QA to VERIFIED
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 70 to 90
Configuration file is correctly generated, mail is blocked:
Sep 5 07:58:00 test amavis: (13752-01) header_edits_for_quar: <email@example.com> -> <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Yes, score=x tag=-1000 tag2=5 kill=15 BLACKLISTED tests= autolearn=unavailable