Admin's TODO checklist
Some packages require the admin user to do this and that to harden the system or to complete a configuration step that make manual intervention necessary.For instance:
- change admin/root's default password
- change Samba password (when nethserver-samba is installed)
- set system TimeZone
- set Organization Contacts
- configure network devices
- configure Remote Access
- enable backup or UPS
Implement a Dashboard module that shows a list of advices, notices from installed packages.
#4 Updated by Giacomo Sanchietti over 6 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to TRIAGED
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
This feature will be implemented as a dashboard plugin with plugin behavior itself.Implementation:
- new database
- each notification must have a type
statusproperty. Allowed values for
- NethServer packages will initialize database using the traditional defaults system. Default
statusvalue will be
- when the administrator marks a notification as resolved, the
statuswill be set to
- translation file must have two mandatory labels: todoname_label and _todoname description, for example given a notification called
$L['mynotify_label'] = "My important notification" $L['mynotify_description'] = "Please do this to resolve the notification"
For now, notifications are not automatically marked as disabled (resolved)
#6 Updated by Giacomo Sanchietti over 6 years ago
- Status changed from ON_DEV to TRIAGED
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from v6.5-rc1 to ~FUTURE
- % Done changed from 30 to 20
Desired implementation should not display static notifications but elaborate simple (or complex) conditions and raise the notification.
Current implementation is on nethserver-base git repository on branch b2639.