Add CoovaChilli access controller.
CoovaChilli is a feature rich software access controller that provides a captive portal / walled-garden environment and uses RADIUS or a HTTP protocol for access provisioning and accounting.
#3 Updated by Giovanni Bezicheri almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from MODIFIED to ON_QA
- % Done changed from 60 to 70
Package in nethserver-testing:
- Install the package on a clean machine (S) connected to Internet and to a private network and provided of a radius server.
- Configure chilli properly and set firewall rules.
- Start the service with
service chilli start
- Connect a machine (H) to the private network in DHCP.
- Check that coova-chilli releases an ip for that machine.
chilli_query listfor the relative instance.
- Open a browser in the H machine, try to access somewhere and check if it is redirected to the captive portal.
- Try to log in to the captive portal with some accounts (configured on the radius server).
#6 Updated by Giacomo Sanchietti almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from ON_QA to VERIFIED
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 70 to 90
The daemon starts and stops correctly:
[root@test ~]# service chilli restart Interruzione di chilli: [ OK ] Avvio di chilli: [root@test ~]# ps aux | grep chi root 14856 0.0 0.6 44232 3188 ? Ss 15:39 0:00 /usr/sbin/chilli -c /etc/chilli.conf
IP is released:
[root@test ~]# chilli_query list 08-00-27-39-DE-6D 192.168.182.2 dnat 53bfedf500000001 0 - 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0/0 0/0 -
After authorization, the client can access the network:
[root@test ~]# chilli_query authorize mac 08-00-27-39-DE-6D [root@test ~]# chilli_query list 08-00-27-39-DE-6D 192.168.182.2 pass 53bfedf500000001 1 08-00-27-39-DE-6D 2/0 2/0 0/0 0/0 0 0 0%/0 0%/0 -