Missing logrotate for OpenVPN log file
The log file of OpenPVN (/var/log/openvpn/openvpn.log) is never rotated, so as time goes by it becomes bigger and bigger and after few months it could be impossible to see in the log viewer from the admin web interface.
It would be better if the openvpn.log file was rotated as the majority of the log files in Nethserver.
#1 Updated by Filippo Carletti almost 3 years ago
- Category set to nethserver-openvpn
- Status changed from NEW to TRIAGED
- Target version set to v6.8
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Affected version set to v6.8
AFAIK, openvpn doesn't offer a signal for log rotation. To avoid useless restarts, I'd use copytruncate.
#6 Updated by Davide Marini almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from ON_QA to VERIFIED
- % Done changed from 70 to 90
The log file was rotated as expected.
[root@localhost ~]# ls -ltr /var/log/openvpn/ total 404 -rw------- 1 root root 205327 Dec 18 03:40 openvpn.log-20161218 -rw------- 1 root root 193655 Dec 19 12:03 openvpn.log -rw------- 1 root root 232 Dec 19 12:06 host-to-net-status.log