Backport CGP and lightsquid access on port 980
NethServer 7 permits access to CGP graphs and lightsquid reports through the usual server-manager port (980).
NethServer 6 permits access through port 80, which, sometimes is not usable (read port forwards).
It's possible to backport all features to 6.8 adapting configurations to the older software versions.
We need to adapt patches to 3 packages:
nethserver-httpd-admin needs support for proxypass, which is available in apache 2.2
nethserver cgp and nethserver-lightsquid need a new configuration fragment to use the proxypass feature and the dashboard links should be adjusted to point to the proxypass'ed url.
Load config from admin-conf.d/*.conf. Refs #3426
#1 Updated by Filippo Carletti over 3 years ago
- Status changed from NEW to TRIAGED
- Assignee set to Filippo Carletti
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
I'd like to add a feature to permit access through port 80, selecting the ip addresses which can connect directly to the application url (the user must know the url alias, which is an hard to guess hash).
The ip address should be the same which can access the server-manager from remote, so the user must set them in Network service -> httpd-admin.
And activate the changes with the appropriate command:
signal-event nethserver-lightsquid-update or signal-event nethserver-cgp-update
#4 Updated by Filippo Carletti over 3 years ago
- Status changed from MODIFIED to ON_QA
- % Done changed from 60 to 70
Packages available in nethserver-testing:
Test cases (after every step look for errors in /var/log/httpd-admin/error_log and /var/log/httpd/error_log):
1. update nethserver-httpd-admin and check that access to the server-manager is still available
2. install or update nethserver-cgp and/or nethserver-lightsquid and check access through Dashboard->Application links
3. set your ip in Network services -> httpd-admin and try to access the alias url on port 80 (also check forbidden access from a different ip)