Allow to keep coova-chilli's interface ip address
Actually the coova-chilli's init script drop the ip address on the physical interface where chilli runs.
In some complex configurations it would be kept.
Suggested Implementation: add HS_LANIF_KEEPADDR option in the init script to keep the ip address on the physical interface.
#3 Updated by Giovanni Bezicheri almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from MODIFIED to ON_QA
- % Done changed from 60 to 70
Package in nethserver-testing:
- Install the package on a clean machine (S) connected to Internet and to a private network.
- Configure chilli properly and set firewall rules.
- Start the service with
service chilli start
- Verify that the physical interface assignated to coova-chilli * DOES NOT HAVE * its ip address.
- Stop the service with
service chilli stop
- Edit (or create) the sysconfig coova-chilli file (/etc/sysconfig/chilli) and set HS_LANIF_KEEPADDR to 0.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, 5.
- Edit the sysconfig coova-chilli file (/etc/sysconfig/chilli) and set HS_LANIF_KEEPADDR to 1.
- Repeat step 3.
- Verify that the physical interface assignated to coova-chilli * HAS * its ip address.