Add a DNS proxy to avoid client DNS queries on external DNS servers.
This feature can be implemented with a firewall rule which redirects all DNS traffic to localhost when Dnsmasq is installed.
#2 Updated by Filippo Carletti almost 6 years ago
- Target version changed from v6.5-rc1 to ~FUTURE
A proper implementation should/could have:
1. a server-manager panel to enable/disable transparent proxying of dns requests
2. an option to load one or more blacklists of known compromised sites
3. a whitelist to bypass list entries
4. a custom blacklist of web sites that the sysadmin want to be unreachable (think facebook)